Film: Chicken with Plums


From the creators of he critically aclaimed animated film 'Persepolis' [2008] comes this gem called 'Chicken with plums' [2011]. I watched the film a few years back and got reminded by it recently as I watched 'The Grand Budabest Hotel' [2014] (due to the style which resembeled it a bit). I have to say it is not a film for everyone, it is highly stylised, a bit exagurated at times but true at heart. If you're a Wes Anderson fan or you enjoy european films, then you might like it. I defenitely did and it is one of my favourites I have to say. I thought is was moving and magical, it has honest characters that you like and don't like at the same time and the whole world of the film feels like reading a book while dreaming (if that makes sense).

Plot summary & cast from IMDB:
Since his beloved violin was broken, Nasser Ali Khan, one of the most renowned musicians of his day, has lost all taste for life. Finding no instrument worthy of replacing it, he decides to confine himself to bed to await death.

Cast

Cast overview:
Mathieu Amalric...
Nasser-Ali Khan
Edouard Baer...
Azraël
Maria de Medeiros...
Faringuisse
Golshifteh Farahani...
Irâne
Éric Caravaca...
Abdi
Chiara Mastroianni...
Lili, adulte

You can find the summary in the bellow link as well as the trailer:









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

'Grab a Blog Button'

asecrettokeepblog.blogspot.com

Twitter Updates

Meet the Author

Meet the Author
Film student, blogger and chocolate addict, currently in search of big adventures! Moved from Greece to England to chase something. I adore french cinema, vintage style and anything related to chocolate and cinnamon. I blog all the things I love and don't. xxxx Daniella