twenty two


    
    When I was a kid I thought growing up happens overnight. That I would wake up one day and suddenly I would have everything figured out and I would know who I am and where I stand in this world. But that's not how it is and if there's one thing I've learned whilst growing up its that growing up is a slow ongoing process that constanly challenges us and changes us in ways we wouldn't have thought. I think this constant progress is what scares me, I fear of change as much as I welcome it.  What happens next? Who will  I be tomorrow? Will I lose the person I was yesterday? It is weird how sometimes I feel like I am a grown up and others that I am still that kid who thought growing up happens overnight. I guess I am scared of many things, I am going to fail in many things, in twenty years I might not be where I imagine myself to be or who I imagine I will be. But I also know as many fails as there are there are successes as well, and whoever I am changing to be, I hope I will keep a part of me same as the kid who thought that growing up happens overnight. As Peter Pan said 'To live would be an awfully big adventure' and maybe what I am trying to say is that, yes I am terrified but I am ready to be terrified of this big adventure that is life.  Growing up can only be bad if you let it be, so happy birthday to me.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

'Grab a Blog Button'

asecrettokeepblog.blogspot.com

Twitter Updates

Meet the Author

Meet the Author
Film student, blogger and chocolate addict, currently in search of big adventures! Moved from Greece to England to chase something. I adore french cinema, vintage style and anything related to chocolate and cinnamon. I blog all the things I love and don't. xxxx Daniella